As of December 2019, here is the timeline of the aquisition of two racks of composable hardware to be used for the COMPaaS project:
- We started investigating ‘composable architecture’ in November of 2016.
- We purchased one Liqid high-speed PCI-e SSD card high-throughput computation in March 2017.
- We investigated buying a 22U rack of composable hardware in June 2017.
- We specified a ‘development kit’ in November 2017, with 2 nodes, 2 GPUs , 2 SSDs and 100G NICs:
- Ordered in December 2017,
- Deliver in March 2018.
- We developed the requirements for a 2-rack design starting in November 2017:
- First quote in mid January 2018.
- We ordered the 2-rack system in July 2019.
- We received delivery in late October 2019
- We took over the system from the vendor in early December 2019